Translate

Friday, January 19, 2007

Blood Diamond star considers African adoption

Jennifer Connelly spent some time at an orphanage in Sierra Leone while filming Blood Diamond and was desperate to adopt a child, but her relationship with her nine-year-old son Kai prevented her. "We absolutely considered adopting," Connelly says. "We have a son who went through a separation of his parents and then a new stepfather and a new sibling. He's had a lot of change so of course I really have to be sensitive to him... One of the kids I became close to was older than him. What would that mean to my family? Would my son feel displaced, all of a sudden having an older sibling who didn't speak the language and would need so much more time and attention?... These are all concerns of mine and reasons why I didn't come home with a child even though, believe me, I would call Paul [Bettany] at night when he was away. I'd say, 'There's this baby and I don't know what to do and I love him so much and if I leave him here he might die.' It's complicated, but we are still considering."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More